Thursday, September 24, 2009

Friday Compendium O' Links

I was thinking this week that it seems I am neglecting my regular blogging because of this novelty fad called Friday links. Then I realized I haven't blogged all that much in a while, and even when I did, I didn't have much to say.

My faithful reader (you know who you are NZ-B!) knows that I am never short of something to say, I just don't have a keyboard nearby when my choicest rants come forth.

Anyway, onto the links.

Last week I tried to be organized in some sort of way. Nope, not this week. Takes too much effort.

When they went after the HumVees, I didn’t care because I drove a small car. When they went after bottled water, I didn’t care because I drank tap water. Now they’re going too far!

When I banged my head as a kid, my dad used to put me into a headlock and "rub the bump" down. For all you mallu kids out there, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Well, it turns out he was doing it wrong.

If you want a thought provoking blog on Christianity and Faith, check out Jason Boyett. A while back, he interviewed an athiest. Fascinating. Part 1, Part 2

I'm not sure whom to blame on this one, the photographer or the parents.

Craig's List bucks all trends. It makes money, despite no banner ads. It runs afoul of the law for its risqué ads. And its design is maddenly simple. When you read this list, a mixture of emotions comes back, chief among them, fear. Then there's this utterly fascinating article on the phenom, Craig Newmark, and his genius (?) from Wired. Warning, very long.

Another Jason Boyett link...this time not so serious. Flash mobs! The Japanese, it seems, are experts. After finishing them search for "Improv Anywhere" on youtube. My favorite is the little league baseball game, simply because the kids feel so cool.

A common theme this week seems to be stupid criminals. Here, here, here, here, here and here. The last one is the best.

This link is 2 weeks late. Where were you? I was at work (in Canada), wondering why a coworker was late. All our managers were at a leadership retreat. When he did come in, he told us. The rest of the day was spent trying to find out as much as we could. Weird thing is that our bosses never did find out until they got home.

From the "I Wonder Why That Is?" Dept., seven jurors in the John Gotti, Jr. trial make last-minute appeals to be dismissed. The reasons were not immediately disclosed.

Man shoots hunting partner because he thought he was a squirrel. That's nuts! Ha! Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Underwear Index Shows Economy Not Bulging Just Yet. (ha!)

Solar panels out of hair? Nope, not an invention by the professor on Gilligan's Island.

Finally, a link to one You Tube artist who publishes "literal videos". Literal videos are music videos where the music depicts what's actually going on. total eclipse of the heart is my favorite

No comments: