Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yeasayer

I just discovered that The National is coming to Manhattan in August. For a cheapo like me, tickets are slightly expensive. However, this band is fantastic. As I was looking over the details, I decided to check out their opening act: Yeasayer.

All I have to say is, "Wow". I'm halfway through the first track on their myspace page now, and I'm in aural heaven.

Unfortunately, since The National is not exactly radio friendly**, none of my friends like them. So I have to convince the missus to go. Hopefully she'll come along.

**A good time for a rant. How can one of the world's biggest, most cosmopolitan cities have such terrible commercial radio? We have 3 "rock" radio stations, 2 of which play all classic rock (e.g. Beatles, Led Zep, The Who, the Stones, etc). The third markets itself as the "rock of New York", but I call it the all black sabbath/ozzy osbourne station. This self proclaimed rock of New York plays the occasional Foo Fighters song to appear modern but 90% of their catalogue was recorded before 2000. Beyond frustrating. And don't even get me started about the local Christian station.

I feel better now. Carry on.

No comments: