Friday, May 16, 2008

The Music Edition

This is my music recommendation list. I haven't posted any thoughts in a while, and thought I'd devote an entire post to what I've been listening to over the last month:

1. The National -- Boxer: Widely claimed by critics and fans alike to be the best album of 2007. If not the best, it's up there. Incredible, laid back, mellow sound that I can listen to over and over again.




2. Just discovered this new [to me] band: Robert Randolph & the Family Band. A band that fuses together rock, funk, soul and gospel. And, to top it off--they're a bunch of Christians in a band (as opposed to a Christian band--big difference). Phenomenal stuff. I've heard the song below before, but didn'know who it was and their background.



3. Andrew Bird: Armchair Apocrypha -- Another laid back mellow singer with a great voice. Great album--every song is excellent.

No comments: